At The Medical Center of Plano, we understand the emotions that accompany the birth of a baby, and we know that as a parent your deepest wish is for your child to be healthy. When an infant needs the specialized care of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), we want parents to know that they can rest assured that their child is in skilled and loving hands. What makes our NICU different and special?
• We are the only Level IIIB NICU in Collin County, and provide advanced diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical care for babies born as early as 23 weeks.
• We have two neonatologists, highly skilled doctors trained to handle the most complex and high-risk newborn issues, on-site in our department at all times—24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Our pediatric surgeons can perform surgery at the bedside, eliminating the need for your newborn to be moved.
• Our nurses are specially trained in developmental care and are Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certified.
• In addition, our NICU is staffed with subspecialists—pediatric respiratory therapists, pediatric occupational therapists, pediatric speech therapists, pediatric dieticians and pediatric ophthalmologists—who are specifically skilled in neonatal care.
• For reasons including added convenience and specialized care, our NICU has a dedicated pharmacy.
• We offer uniquely designed comforts. Participation in our NICU support group connects parents who have a child in the NICU. Our NICU 101 course helps parents learn everything they need to know to be actively involved in caring for their child while he or she is in the NICU, including diapering, bathing and feeding. We even offer a monthly parent date night so parents can enjoy a little time together, knowing that their baby is in good hands.
To learn more about our NICU and other services at The Medical Center of Plano, visit us online or call us at (972) 519-1260.