Did you know that The Medical Center of Plano has a nationally recognized nursing staff? In fact, we have recently achieved Magnet Redesignation as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program. This voluntary credentialing program for hospitals recognizes excellence in nursing. This credential is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice.
To achieve initial Magnet recognition, organizations must pass a rigorous and lengthy process that demands:
- Widespread participation from leadership and staff.
- Written documentation demonstrating qualitative and quantitative evidence regarding patient care and outcomes.
- An on-site visit to thoroughly assess the applicant.
- A completed appraisal report review by the Commission on Magnet followed by a vote to determine whether Magnet recognition will be granted.
So, what does this mean for the patients? A hospital with magnet recognition offers its community the following:
- The gold standard for nursing excellence.
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help, and receipt of discharge information.
- Lower risk of 30-day mortality and lower failure to rescue.
- Higher job satisfaction among nurses.
- Lower nurse reports of intentions to leave position.
The Medical Center of Plano is extremely proud of our nursing staff for achieving this national recognition for their outstanding efforts in patient care. We know that their hard work and commitment has a significant affect on the lives and care of each patient that comes to our hospital. If you would like to learn more about our Magnet Recognition, please visit our website here. For physician referrals, please call 1-855-665-TMCP.