Volunteers are a very valuable part of the health care team at The Medical Center of Plano.
As a volunteer, your interests and skills will be best matched with one of our available volunteer opportunities, and you'll typically work a regularly-scheduled four-hour daytime shift. By giving your time and service, you'll likely find that you benefit not only others, but yourself as well.
How Others Benefit
There are an array of volunteer opportunities at The Medical Center of Plano including:
- Working as a greeter or guide
- Staffing our information desk
- Assisting in the critical care waiting room
- Acting as a patient/family liaison in the emergency room
- Working in the cancer resource center
- Working as a patient transporter
- Being a patient floor assistant
- Delivering mail and flowers
- Helping in a surgery waiting room
- Assisting chaplain services
- Performing clerical support and more
By volunteering in any of these ways, you are of service to both patients and families, and help The Medical Center of Plano provide the highest quality and most compassionate health care possible.
How You Benefit
As a volunteer, you'll meet new people, learn new skills and benefit by knowing that you're helping others in ways that impact their health and well-being. Many volunteers feel that because of the nature of their service, they get far more than they give.
Visit us online to learn more about volunteering at The Medical Center of Plano. To apply, just complete our Volunteer Application. Have questions? Please call us at (972) 519-1272 or e-mail our Volunteer Resources Coordinator, Billie O'Brien at email@example.com.